Episode 3 Grandpa's Trunk ACT I

祖父的行李箱 第一幕

Watch the video then answer the question: Who is going to come?

[ She takes the tea kettle off the stove. ]

Ellen: Marilyn, you want coffee or tea?

玛丽琳,你喝咖啡还是喝茶?

Marilyn: Coffee, please.

请给我咖啡。 

Ellen: I am so excited! At this time tomorrow morning, Grandpa will be sitting in the kitchen with us.

我太激动了!明天早上的这个时候,你爷爷就会和我们一起坐在这厨房里啦。

Marilyn: When does he arrive?

他什么时候到?

Ellen: At six o'clock this evening.

今天晚上 6 点。

Marilyn: By plane?

是坐飞机来吗?

Ellen: No, by train.

不,是坐火车来。

Marilyn: Are we picking him up at the station?

我们去车站接他吗?

Ellen: Not Grandpa. He doesn't want anybody picking him up. He likes to be independent.

你爷爷可不需要,他不愿意让别人接他,他喜欢独来独往。

Marilyn: Huh.

哦。

Ellen: Oh, let's go upstairs and prepare Grandpa's room.

噢,咱们上楼去给爷爷收拾一下房间吧。

Marilyn: Great!  Let's do it!

好极了!走吧。

[ Ellen and Marilyn get up to leave. Richard and Robbie enter the kitchen. ]


Richard: Good morning, Mom.

妈妈,早上好。

Robbie: Morning.

早安。

Ellen: Well, hi, fellas.

噢,嗨,伙计们。

Richard: Hello.

喂。早上好!

Marilyn: Hi, honey.

嗨,亲爱的。

Richard & Robbie: Morning, Marilyn.

玛丽琳,早上好。

Marilyn: We are going upstairs to set up Grandpa's room. There's coffee ready.

我们要上楼去收拾一下爷爷的房间,咖啡已经准备好了。

[ Ellen and Marilyn go upstairs. Richard and Robbie begin to make breakfast. ]


Robbie: I'm really excited about seeing Grandpa.

一想到要见到爷爷我就感到兴奋。

Richard: Me, too. Milk, please.

我也一样。请给我牛奶。

Robbie: He's so funny. He always makes me laugh. I hope Grandpa's going to like living with us.

他很有趣。他总是让我发笑。我希望爷爷喜欢和我们住在一起。

Richard: I think he will. It just takes time to feel comfortable in a new place.

我想会的,总是需要一段时间才能适应一个新的环境。

Robbie: Won't he miss being in Florida?

他不会想念佛罗里达吗?

Richard: Well, he will. But I think he'll like being here with the family.

他会的,但我想他也会乐意和全家人住在这儿。

Robbie: Are you sure about that? It's crazy here most of the time.

你能肯定吗?这儿经常吵吵闹闹的。

Richard: But it's fun.

但很有趣。

Robbie: That's for sure.

说的也是。

Richard: You know, maybe I'll put together some photos of Grandpa as a "welcome" present.

我说,或许我会把爷爷的一些照片集中起来作为欢迎他的一份礼物。

Robbie: That's a neat idea. What can I do? [ He thinks. ]

这是个好主意。那么我能做点什么呢?

Robbie: I've got it! I have a picture of Grandpa and Dad and me in my wallet. It's from the Fathers and Sons' Breakfast at my junior high school graduation. [ He takes out his wallet and shows the picture to Richard.]

有啦!我皮夹里有一照片是爷爷、爸爸和我在一起照的。那是在父子早餐上拍的,在我初中毕业的时候。

Richard: [ He looks at the picture. ] Oh, I remember this picture.

噢,我还记得那张照片。

Robbie: I'd really like to pick up Grandpa at the railroad station.

我真想去火车站接爷爷。

Richard: Railroad stations or airports --Grandpa always tells us he'll get here by himself.

无论是火车站还是机场 --爷爷总是说他能独自来这。

Robbie: He's something!

他真了不起!

[ Upstairs in the Stewarts' home. Ellen and Marilyn are preparing Grandpa's Room. ]

Marilyn: [ She points to the trunk. ] Is this all Grandpa's stuff?

这里面都是爷爷的东西吗?

Ellen: That's it. But I'm sure he has a few bags with him on the train.

是的,不过我相信他在火车上还有几件行李的。

Marilyn: What's inside?

这里面是什么?

Ellen: I don't know. It's locked.

不知道,锁着的。

Philip: [ He enters. ] Hi.

嗨。

Ellen: Oh, hi, darling.

哦,亲爱的。

Marilyn: Morning, Philip.

早安,Philip。

Philip: I want to put some of my good hangers in Grandpa's closet. You know I'm very excited about his arrival.

我想在爷爷的衣橱放几个好的衣架。知道我对他的到来是多么高兴。

Ellen: We are, too. Susan called early this morning. She's unhappy because she's had to go to Chicago on a business trip and can't leave till tonight. She wants to be here for Grandpa.

我们也很兴奋。Susan一大早就打电话来。她很不高兴,因为她得到芝加哥出差,而且要到今晚才能脱身。她原希望在家等候爷爷。

Philip: Well, Grandpa will be disappointed, too. He loves Susan. She always reminds him of Grandma. Well, how's everything here?

爷爷也会感到失望的。他喜欢Susan。Susan总是让他想起奶奶。唔,东西都收拾好了吗?

Marilyn: Fine. We were just wondering about this trunk.

好啦。我们正猜测这只大衣箱呢。

Ellen: It's locked.

它锁着。

Philip: Oh. [ He takes a key from his pocket. ] I have the key. Grandpa sent it to me.

啊,钥匙在这。爷爷寄来给我的。

[ He tries to put the key into the lock of the trunk. ]

单词列表

1
arrival/ əˈraɪv(ə)l /n. 到达